The Policy applies to the treatment of information that is provided by you or collected through any of our online interfaces, including Mobile Banking and Online Banking. It also explains how we collect, use, and share information based on users’ interactions with online advertisements, both on the Services and on online interfaces owned by third parties. Please read this notice carefully to understand how we handle user privacy.
We will use and share any information that we collect from or about our customers in accordance with the Stockman Bank Privacy Notice.
Information We may Collect
In connection with your use of Mobile Banking, Stockman Bank of Montana and its affiliates and service providers, may receive names, domain names, addresses, passwords, telephone and device numbers, the content of messages, data files and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with Mobile Banking or the Software (collectively “User Information”). We also collect location data to enable a marketing message delivery software, even when the App is closed, not in use or in the background.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect personal information from you or about you when you provide this information to us directly. For example, we may obtain personal information when you enroll in Mobile or Online Banking, apply for an account online, contact customer support or otherwise interact with us. We may also receive information about you from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties.
In addition, we may collect information about your activity on the Services automatically using tracking technologies, such as cookies, and pixel tags.
- There are two types of cookies: temporary and permanent. Temporary cookies are used and tracked by the browser to pass information and are deleted once the browser is shut down. Permanent cookies are stored on your system and can be accessed again for multiple visits. Permanent cookies usually have an expiration date and will be automatically deleted from your system at that time.
- Internet Banking uses temporary cookies and may use permanent cookies, but never passes private information through cookies. Internet Banking also uses a different kind of temporary cookie known as a session cookie, a non-persistent cookie, or a pre-expired cookie. This cookie is used as part of the stringent security measures in Internet Banking to make sure that each page in Internet Banking is not cached or saved on your system. This means that each page must be retrieved from the Web server. This cookie is deleted when a user logs or times out of Internet Banking or if the browser window is closed and ensures that another user on the same computer cannot access the previous user's Internet Banking session or information.
- If you use Enhanced Security, Internet Banking may place a secure permanent cookie on your computer. This secure cookie is unique, and when used in combination with your login information, creates a unique way to identify you to the system. For every login attempt after you add extra security to a computer, this secure cookie is validated along with the login identification you normally enter. This secure cookie is only used to validate your identity and does not contain any personal information.
- Certain applications on mobile devices may transmit information to us about your location. An example includes your physical location when you search for a nearby ATM using your mobile device. We may use that information to improve the products and services we provide to you as well as improving our services generally in your area.
Information collected through tracking technologies is used for many purposes including:
- Allowing you to use features within Mobile or Online Banking, when you grant us access to personal information from your device such as contact lists or geo-location to request certain services that require such access, for example using Zelle or locating an ATM
- Deliver relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location
- Monitor and evaluate the use and operation of the Services
- Analyze traffic on the Services and on websites or mobile applications of third parties
Marketing message delivery software (Software) collect the following information:
- Location – Used for geofencing and beacon scanning essential for advertising/marketing campaign delivery.
- UserID – Software creates a random user GUID upon initial app access, which is later used during every connection with the Software. This GUID is unique for each device/app and changes after every app reinstall. This ID is used for identifying a user and sending campaigns.
- Product Interaction – Software track user’s app entry, app exit, and pages viewed within the app.
- Name – Software collects user’s first name for product personalization purposes.
We may use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you
- Provide services and products you request
- Send information about Mobile or Online Banking
- Notify you of policy changes
- Send offers and promotions for our products and services
- Verify your identity and location for security and fraud prevention
- Detect and prevent activities that may be illegal or violate our policies
- Improve our products and services
- Comply with regulatory or legal guidance
Stockman Bank of Montana and its affiliates and service providers also reserve the right to monitor use of Mobile Banking and the Software for purposes of verifying compliance with the law, Mobile and Online Banking terms and conditions and any applicable license, but disclaim any obligation to monitor, filter, or edit any content.
Stockman Bank of Montana and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver Mobile Banking and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you.
Agreement to this Policy
By using Mobile and Online Banking or an account on a third-party site, you consent to this Policy.