In light of Governor Bullock’s decision to “shelter in place,” we are taking steps to ensure the safety of our employees, as well as the efficiency of our services to you. Because more of our employees will be working from home, we will have fewer employees to staff all five of our banks in Billings. As a result, we have decided to consolidate our staffing and services by temporarily closing two of our Billings banks effective at the close of business today, Friday, March 27, 2020.
- Our Shiloh bank, including the drive up and night box, is temporarily closed. The ATM will still be available.
- Our Downtown bank, including the drive up and night box, is temporarily closed. The ATM will still be available.
The drive up lanes and night deposit at our other three Billings locations remain open.(link to Billings locations). Please visit us there for assistance with your banking needs.
As businesses and workers continue to be impacted by COVID-19, we are waiving and/or reducing some of our bank fees.
- We are temporarily waiving late fees for customers with Stockman Bank loans who have suffered a hardship from COVID-19.
- We are temporarily reducing minimum balance requirements.
- We are temporarily reducing overdraft charges.
- We are temporarily reducing withdrawal fees on CD’s.
- We are temporarily waiving our continuous overdraft fee.
- We are temporarily waiving foreign ATM fees for our customers who use a non-Stockman Bank ATM.
- We are also taking measures to ensure customers suffering a hardship from COVID-19 will not have their credit negatively impacted.
We recognize customer needs are unique. As always, if you are experiencing a hardship due to COVID-19, contact your local Stockman Bank. Whether it be loan payments, or account issues and fees, we are happy to work with any customer on a case-by-case basis.
Dear Valued Customer,
As you are aware, changes to our daily lives are now happening moment to moment. As Montana’s largest family-owned community bank, we are committed to the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.
To do our part with social distancing, we are closing our bank lobbies across Montana, beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, until further notice. To ensure you still have access to banking services, drive-ups will remain open during regular business hours. Check with your local Stockman Bank to confirm operating hours. During this time, if you need to meet with a banker, your lender, or any other Stockman professional, you can contact your local Stockman Bank to make an appointment.
Also remember, we offer many additional banking options:
- Online and mobile banking gives you 24/7 access to your accounts. Check balances, transfer funds, pay bills and deposit checks using your mobile phone. If you aren’t currently enrolled, enroll today. It only takes a few minutes!
- 24 Hour Telebank - Access your banking information by calling the toll-free Stockman Telebank number @ 1(888) 669-0724. If you are a first-time user, please visit or contact your local branch to request a PIN.
- ATM – Surcharge free banking at any of our 133 Automated Teller Machines across the state.
- Night Drops – All of our locations offer a night drop that you can use after hours to make deposits. It will post to your account the following business day.
- Central Customer Service – Please call us at 1 (877) 300-9369, 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday, and 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Saturdays, excluding bank holidays.
We hope these options reduce any stress related to accessing banking services while we all work together to “flatten the curve.” Because this situation is ever changing, we encourage you to check our website regularly for updates.
Please take care of your families and loved ones. When the time is right, we look forward to serving you once again in our bank lobbies.
Statewide Press Release
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Stockman Bank has implemented a plan to ensure continued access to banking services, along with assistance to customers financially impacted by COVID-19.
“Over the past few weeks, we have all become part of an unprecedented world health crisis,” said Bill Coffee, Stockman CEO. “As schools, universities and local businesses temporarily close, community and sporting events canceled and people stay home to self quarantine, care for loved ones or even themselves should they become ill, we recognize the stress and anxiety this causes for Montanans who still have bills to pay. As Montana’s community bank we are making accommodations to help reduce this stress and protect customers’ credit.”
Until we get through the pandemic, Coffee said Stockman is offering to defer loan payments that are due. Modifications or deferred payments for Fannie/Freddie and MBOH serviced loans are limited to relief options allowed by those agencies. Then, post crisis, the bank will restructure debt for borrowers as necessary. Stockman will also work with commercial and Ag customers directly impacted by this crisis on a case-by-case basis.
For now, all of Stockman’s banking locations across the state remain open under current operating hours. Any changes to these hours will be communicated on the bank’s website, stockmanbank.com. Coffee reminds customers they can also access their accounts 24/7 through online and mobile banking, 24 Hour Telebank phone banking and at any of Stockman’s 133 surcharge-free ATMs throughout Montana. If you are not signed up for online and mobile banking, he encourages you to do so.
“During our nearly 70-year history, through ups and downs – market swings, wars, natural disasters – we have weathered many storms together,” stated Coffee. “Montanans are strong, resilient and we take very good care of each other. We will weather this storm too.”
Over the past few weeks, we have all become part of an unprecedented world health crisis. It is now very close to home as the first COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Montana. Changes to our daily lives are happening moment to moment. It’s no surprise that we are all feeling unsettled and overwhelmed.
With all the uncertainty, you can continue to count on Stockman to do what we have done since we first opened our doors nearly 70 years go – putting you, our customers and communities at the center of all we do.
- Our branches and drive-ups across the state remain open under our current operating hours. Should this change, we will let you know.
- Access your accounts 24/7 with online and mobile banking. You can check balances, transfer funds, deposit checks and pay bills, all from your laptop or phone. If you haven’t enrolled, we encourage you to enroll today. It’s easy and only takes a few minutes.
- 24 Hour Telebank – Access your banking information by calling the toll-free Stockman Telebank number @ 1(888) 669-0724. If you are a first-time user, please visit or contact your local branch to request a PIN.
- ATM – Surcharge free banking at any of our 133 Automated Teller Machines Teller across the state.
We Are Here to Help
Should you be impacted by COVID-19 and need our support, please contact us. We are ready to assist you with banking issues you may be facing as a result of the virus. Please call your local bank or Central Customer Service at 1 (877) 300-9369. Our hours are 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday, and 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Saturdays, excluding bank holidays.
Keeping Everyone Healthy
We are encouraging our employees to follow the recommended hygiene guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), frequently washing their hands, keeping their work space clean and staying home when they feel sick. We have also suspended all business travel.
For more information about COVID-19, get the latest updates:
- CDC: www.cdc.gov
- World Health Organization (WHO: ) www.who.int
- Montana Department of Health and Human Services: www.dphhs.mt.gov
We will get through this, together!
During our nearly 70-year history, through ups and downs– market swings, wars, natural disasters – we have weathered many storms together. Montanans are strong, resilient and we take very good care of each other. We will weather this storm too.